Sociology at a Glance
NU Sociology at a Glance Presentation (PowerPoint)
The study of social institutions, collectivities, and groups.
- Focuses on behavior at the individual level.
- Focuses on smaller groups and their cultures.
We ask questions like . . .
- What role do personal connections and social networks play in producing financial crises?
- How can social groups use the law and the legal system to produce change?
- How do inequalities within society affect the health of individuals?
Undergraduate Degree Programs
- B.A. in Sociology
- Minor in Sociological Research
- Minor in Sociological Studies
- Economic Sociology and Global Development
- Environment and Society
- Social Data Research
- Social Inequality: Class, Gender, and Race
- Sociology of Health, Medicine, and Science
- Sociology of Law/Law and Society
- Urban Sociology